Monday, August 9, 2010

Your Love is Everything to Me

As I was driving to work this morning, I was listening to a practice CD I have for a service in a week or two.  I got stuck on one of the songs "Your Love is Everything to Me."  Here are the lyrics:

When I am dry and thirsty Lord,

And I'm crying out for more,
I know I can trust in Your love.
In the darkness in the night
When I'm starving for the light
I know I can trust in Your love
....
Your love heals every disease
Your love fulfills my every need
Your love is everything to me
Your love is everything
....
I will not forget
I won't forget Your promises
I will not forget
I won't forget Your love.

It got me thinking...do I really believe that God's Love is EVERYTHING?  Do I believe that it fulfills my EVERY need??  If I do, that means that I shouldn't worry or feel down when things in my life don't go exactly the way I want.  What it means is that God loves ME.  I should cling to that fact and find joy and peace in it.  Everything else in my life is just an added bonus if it's loving or fun or positive.  My happiness should not depend on those things, but only the one thing I can depend on.  If I can REALLY trust in His love...then I should.  All the time.  No matter what circumstance I am going through. 

Thank you Lord, for Your love. Let it be everything to me, and help me not to forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter