Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blessings vs Struggles

So I'm at a point in this whole pregnancy journey that I'm becoming quite overwhelmed.  This week, in particular, has been especially challenging.  It seems that all areas of my life are colliding and there's nothing I feel qualified to do about it.  I've had several unrelated events happened this week that are keeping me from sleeping at night-one right after the other-which I'm sure is just making my reasoning skills worse from lack of sleep.  I spent the entire morning and afternoon yesterday crying, so I tried to stay away from everyone at work to avoid anyone seeing me break down.  "Just focus on the computer moniter and don't look away" I keep telling myself.  All of these events/things, I must admit, I have no solution for.  I have no plan as to how to improve or change the situations.  I'm just not sure what to do about them, or, honestly, how to even pray about them.  (Holy Spirit, feel free to jump in any time now.. :-).I am truly helpless at this point.  To add insult to injury, I also have all of the other regular life things to deal with--mainly, not enough time to deal with basic life things.  Not enough time to spend on chores to keep some kind of order in my life. Not enough time to keep in touch with people.  Not enough time to plan or prepare appropriately for this upcoming life change, or not enough time to even exercise-which makes me feel even more guilty, not to mention unhealthy. 

With all of these things happening, I am constantly reminded that God has truly blessed my life.  I have no reason to get down in the dumps and really just need to try my best to continue to roll with the punches, right?  I mean--that's what everyone else is doing.  What makes me so pitiful that I can't get through some rough waters?  Everybody is busy.  Everybody has struggles in their life that they are battling.  Who I am to say that mine are more detrimental.  Because in all reality, they're not.  All of my physical needs are met.  I am healthy.  My baby is healthy.  Our bills are paid.  We have a place to live.  We even have the funds to go on a vacation every year.  Not very many people get to do that.  I go to a church that finds my strengths and allows me to serve in those areas.  I have a church family that is super supportive of mine and Adam's lives.  I have a husband that loves me and wants me to be happy.  I have a loving family- mine, and in-laws.  I have many friends that are excited for this next chapter in our lives and try to support us in any way they can.  I have a job with generous pay and a great boss/mentor/friend.  I even have a cat that I can force to cuddle with me if I hold her close and don't let her jump down for 5-10 seconds :-)  Oh--and a free pass to not have to change the litter....Now there's the silver lining, huh? 

All of these things I am completely aware of.  All of these blessings are a constant reminder that there's no reason for me to be down.  But it doesn't change the fact that I am.  And I don't know how to move forward gracefully accept to keep living life, acting like nothing is wrong so I can make it through the day. 

This, by the way, is the extent of my venting.  I haven't talked to anyone about it.  I don't want to talk about it.  I don't want to complain to anyone that it's too hard.  I'm tired of crying and don't want to do it anymore.  I just want to take action to get things going in the right direction.  If I spend time talking out all of the details to someone, I'll just be having my own little pity party and get myself worked up about it, and that's not something I am wanting to do.  I just need to focus on remaining calm.  So--what to do, really?  Pray.  Right now, I can only claim verses that I feel apply to my life:

"The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

"Until now, you have not asked for anything in my name.  Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."  John 16:24

That's enough of that!  I feel better already.

On some brighter notes--here are some pictures that I have snatched with my handy dandy new (refurbished) iPhone, which makes it much easier for me to add to my posts.

I bought these clothes at a Kohl's on clearance.  I couldn't help myself!  They were between $3 and $5 so I couldn't pass up the deal.  They all have matching bottoms attached behind the tops as well.  Those will be first to go into the closet....that is once is it "de-officed" and able to have clothes in it.



Also, one of my co-workers knits--in competitions and stuff.  She's very talented and knits a lot of the sweaters she wears to work--and you would never know they're home made.  She's very good.  She decided to knit a little jacket for the baby!  It was very nice of her to do this, and she was even as thoughful as to knit the buttons right into the jacket, rather than going back afterwards and sewing them on.  She said it makes it more safe because it would be harder for the baby to rip one off and swallow it.  I would have never even thought it of this!  Anyway--here's a pic of that.  You can't tell from the picture, but there are portions that are raised to create some texture in the jacket.  How nice :-)




I've got to wrap this puppy up, as I've spent my entire lunch break typing away.  Good bye ---and here's to a better week and weekend ahead.  I look forward to relaxing on Labor Day, Monday.  That will help, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter