Monday, August 27, 2012

Movin and a shakin!

I just realized how long it's been since I posted.  I'll say that I have been busy collecting material...and not doing anything with it.  Oh well.  I'm doing the best I can :-)

So let's see--what's gone on since my last post.  I had my follow up Dr visit on the 17th after the ultrasound.  Everything went well.  The doc said she reviewed the ultrasound and all of the body parts were there, in the right place, and the right size.  So that's a good sign of good health.  I asked her about this pain I'm still having, and she said that all signs point to kidney stone.  Baby is fine, just uncomfortable for me.  But I don't think it's a kidney stone because I've been having the pain for so long.  As long as it's not affecting the baby, I guess I'll just have to deal with it.  I also asked her about determining if I'm "on schedule" as far as due date is concerned.  She said everything looks perfectly fine to her right now. She said not to plan on being early, as far as she can tell now.  You know what that means....Merry Christmas!  I figure, if I do happen to go into labor during one of the Christmas Eve service (that Adam I'm sure will be singing in), I can just hold her in for a little bit, right?  (Right, Ashley???)  Ashley didn't want to have Eli on April Fool's day...so she refused to start pushing until after midnight.  How's that for stubborn!  Of course, I'm in the same boat--I REALLY don't want to have the baby on Christmas Eve or Christmas...so we'll see how tight I can keep my legs crossed when the time comes!!  My next appt is Sept 24th.

We got to sing at an outdoor wedding that weekend, which was really fun.  We got tagged during the practice that morning on Facebook.  Thanks to Ashley for letting me borrow a maternity dress that went perfectly with my light blue converse sneakers!  And yes, you can see my baby bump developing.

We also celebrated Adam's 31st birthday that weekend!  What did he want to do on his actual birthday, might you ask??  Shop for clothes, of course!  And eat out...which we do a lot of lately anyway, so no big change there!  We went up to Pittsburgh to a mall that he likes, ate at one of favorite places, Chipotle, for lunch, and then headed down to Washington, PA to the outlet mall to spend the rest of the afternoon.  There's no tax on clothing in Pennsylvania, so it always helps our clothing budget stretch a little further.  With the money that I have saved from my birthday (yes, I'm still spending that money) and from my clothes money that is budgeted each money, I had a nice little chunk of change to get clothes as well.  Of course, my "trying on stuff" stamina is much less than Adam's, so I got tired before he was done.  I still ended up with a good amount of stuff for myself--so I'm feeling better about my maternity clothes situation.  It should hold me until I fit into some of the larger things I was handed down from some friends of mine. 

Last week, I traveled to Restin, Virginia for a work training seminar.  It was a fun time.  It started off a little stressful because it's an almost 4 hour drive (with potty breaks that I HAVE to take), and I left work late Tuesday night.  So I was pushing to get on the road before it was too late, which always makes me feel unprepared, and then my car started acting up.  I did some trouble shooting with Adam on the phone before I got too far away from Morgantown, and we finally decided that it was ok for me to continue on.  It will be going to the shpo this week to make sure it's safe.  Seems like we can't get away from pouring money into cars.  boo.  After that it was a great time.  I was able to relax in the evenings (mostly) just trying to mark things off of my to do list for the week.  I did get a new (refurbished) iPhone right before I left, so I spent a lot of time configuring it and reading the manual. I've got a long way to go on the manual, but am very excited about the new capabilities I have!  I had such a good time, I treated myself to a nice filet dinner with apple pie dessert.  Both were AMAZING--on Mylan's dime--and I sat by myself in a public restaurant.  That was weird, but the food was well worth it.  Here's a pic of the apple pie with a crushed walnut crust with side of cinnamon ice cream with caramel topping.  So good!

 
 
The first night, after my class, I went ahead and took a picture with my handy dandy new iPhone.  Some of you have seen it.  Here's my fast version of a belly picture!

 
 
 
And last but not least, on Saturday afternoon, I was working on bills on my laptop and Lexi was sleeping on our black chair in the living room.  She was sleeping on the edge of the chair, looking like she was going to roll off.  She woke up and decided to stretch and I snapped her picture.  Good stretch, I would say.



Well, that's all for me tonight.  Off to bed.  I'll try to keep posting :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey... you could always have your baby AT the Christmas Eve service. Talk about a living nativity! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter