Friday, September 10, 2010

Over-planners Anonymous

Yes..they need to create one of those.  I am guilty of over-planning....alot! 

We are leaving for our cruise next weekend and I have broken down tasks, budgets, useful facts, directions, outfits, packing lists/instructions...you name it-I probably made a spreadsheet for it!  Of course, I do blame this on my use of Microsoft Excel at work.  It is such a useful tool that organizes and formulates pretty much anything you want it to!  Yes, I do use Word as well....and it's a wonder I haven't formed a Power Point presentation to explain the journey we will take with animation and clip art.  Wait a minute...that's a good idea....oh well-we'll just have to see what I have time for :-)

I do regret to inform you all that my muscles are indeed mad at me for taking up P90x again.  They have rejected all abilities to move in a normal way.  Adam is worried that my muscle soreness will effect my game playing abilities on our first cruise excursion  - The Amazing Cozumel Race.  I assured him that I will not let it slow me down or effect my performance in any way :-)  I can't wait to show those other families who's boss!

Adam and I are celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary today.  It has been a great 5 years!  I have been able to be a part of wonderful ministries at a wonderful church, learned alot about cooking and how to organize a home, and have made some outstanding friends along the way.  Yes, marraige is hard and always takes some work, but I really have enjoyed getting to know Adam and the many quirks that makes him who he is. 

We went out to dinner last night in celebration.  Stefano's was the place of choice.  It was a little pricey, but very yummy.  The service was wonderful and we'll definitely go back.  There are cheaper options on the menu as well, but we felt like a little splurge for our aniversary.  After all--we're both the same size, if not skinnier then we were when we got married--so who can blame us for indulging in some lucious creamed pastas and succulent desserts!  We're glad we went somewhere new for us and were well pleased with the outcome!

Tonight we will be joining some friends for the WVU vs. Marshall game!  Hopefully Eric Meadows will be able to focus on the game with all of us nuts running around him at his house!  Of course, since he is the oldest of the people that will be there (as far as I know), we might have to borrow a "listening device" from church to make sure he can make out the calls during all the noise.  They say the hearing is the first to go...or is it the hips?  Who knows...I'm still too young and niave to know (wink wink)!  So here we go on our next weekend of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter