Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lightening+Golf = no fun

Ok--so recap of the week that I did not blog....It wasn't that great.  Work got real stressful all of a sudden.  Some of the issues that were causing stress at the beginning of the year came back to haunt us.  Details not important, but I sure didn't feel like blogging about it.  Adam went golfing one evening and I had the house to myself for the evening...so I cried a lot.  I figure I was due a good crying.  I mean, everybody says pregnant women have raging hormones and cry all the time--so I could have my night. 

We left for Beckley Friday after work to come for the golf tournement the Adam is taking part of.  The BNI.  We come and stay with the Griffith family-Mom and Dad, an older son, two identical twins, all of the boys' wives, and their children, and some dogs.  It's a packed house for the weekend, but we all have a fun time hanging out.  There is yummy food, crafts, shopping, and lots of laughs.  All in all, a successful weekend that I'm in the middle of right now.  I'm trying to get some Pampered Chef stuff done while I'm here.  I have four more shows this month.  No--actually 4 cooking shows and one catalog show that is open.  Lots to do!  The host special is awesome, and the reward for consultant sales is totally rockin' as well--so it's really a win win.

I am in this weird middle stage of not fitting into my normal clothes, but not really being big enough for most maternity clothes yet...so I'm just trying to mix things up and make it work.  I'm thinking if I can get some maternity pants, I can use looser blousey tops and make it for a while.  I have tons of maternity tops now from friends, but after trying a few on as I was putting them into my closet, I decided I was a little too early to look like a house!  It's amazing how clothes can make you look so different. 

We have been taking a weekly belly picture that I was planning on putting on this blog, so as soon as I have a moment, I'll load them in so far. 

Oh--I just read the title.  Guess I should explain that!  The guys had their first round of golf today and they had an hour delay in the middle of the round because of lightening.  We didn't really notice it back at the house.  After they all came home, Adam and I went with Eric (one of the brothers) to a driving range to practice a bit.  When we got there, a strange looking cloud was growing and circulating over a mountain right next to the driving range.  We watched it for 30 minutes because the driving range man said we shouldn't be standing out with all of the lightening.  Good tip.  It was really freaky.  We gave up and came back because we knew dinner was going to be ready soon.  Evidentally it's dangerous to swing a metal rod/club around in the middle of grassy areas during a lightening storm....who knew....When we got back, the heavens opened up and it let loose some powerful rain.  A nice evening in my opinion, of fellowship.  The guys played poker at the neighbor's house and the girls made these crafty owls for someone's baby shower.  It was a fun time.  Now we are all telling funny stories in the main room.  There are twelve of us, and two dogs.  Everyone else is asleep.  This will soon be me, as my eyes are slowly drooping. 
Good night for now.  We'll see what adventures are waiting for us during the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter