Friday, July 6, 2012

It's been a busy week!  Monday, I was having some minor health issues that I called my doctor about.  They said--you definitely need to be seen today, but we can't fit you in.  So--that meant another trip to the Urgent Care place.  Boo.  Once there, after two hours of waiting, they realized that the medicine that they put me on last week caused another problem.  For real?!  The NP that saw me left the room twice so she could look up what to do and what I could take.  She told me she had to look it up...very reassuring.  Needless to say, after that experience, I was moody for the rest of the day.  Things that I could normally just brush off and not let bother me just really got on my nerves.  I know that I'm more easily aggrevated at this point, so I have this internal battle with myself before I react to things.  Monday was definitely a day for crazy thoughts.  When I got home from work, I had to search Morgantown for the medicine that they prescribed to fix the problem.  Strike out.  No one had it, so I had to call back for further instructions.  Very aggrevating.  Oh, and yesterday, they called me to give me lab results as to what exactly the problem was and if the meds they gave me were the correct ones or not (awesome, right?)--the girl that I talked to said, "Looks like your labs are normal.  You don't have any of the things we thought, so you can stop the meds"--I said---whatever!  I definitely have something going on.  So she put me on hold for 20 minutes while she consulted the physician on call.  They came back on the phone to say, ok-yes, the labs show I have what they are giving me medicine for--keep taking the medicine.  And oh, by the way, they forgot to test for something, so I'm going to have to go back in so they can take some more labs.  Ridiculous.  I can't trust them, and I can't go to my regular doctor.  I give up.  As my pharmacist friend, Ashley, always tells me....drugs are bad, don't take them.  Lesson learned...lesson learned....  Today my sinus infection symptoms are back--ear pain, sore jaw and neck.  Boo.  I'm not going to the doctor, or even calling them.  I can stick it out.
 
Tuesday night, I got a random phone call.  This girl calls and says, "do you remember applying to be on the game show Minute to Win It a couple years ago?"  Um....yes.  "Well, though we didn't call you for an audition, we kept your application and have a new game show coming out that we'd like for you to audition for.  Are you still interested?"  Um...yes.  I'm pregnant...so I can't do anything crazy.  "No problem.  It's a Skype based game show that is kind of like family feud in that you just guess what America's opinion was"  Ok....random.  So I talked with her a little bit more and set up a skype interview with a casting person for Thursday.  Yesterday I did that--she just asked me to talk about myself for about a minute.  That's easy.  I could talk about myself for an hour if you asked me to.  After that, she set up another audition that will be more lengthy with some producers.  I'll do that Tuesday night so they can see if my personality is what they're looking for.  They said I have to be energetic and opinionated.  Well--I can be those things if I really try hard.... ;-)   So we'll see how that goes.  Evidentally they keep applications from games shows until they can use them for something.  Interesting.

I think I mentioned that someone gave us free tickets to the Greenbrier Classic.  It was for Wednesday--practice rounds basically.  I definitely think I would prefer to do that again, because you get real close to the players, can get autographs and pictures, and even talk with some of them if they're in a good mood.  Wednesday was the Pro-Am so it would be one Pro playing with 3 amateurs (i.e. really rich old men that donated a lot of money to the tournement to do that).  It was STEAMING hot outside, but after watching the first two people slide by (including Tiger Woods), I started getting bottles of water to hydrate and it wasn't too bad after that.  Baby needs water...and turns out I do too.  We watched Tiger walk up to the green we were standing around talking to Jerry West (the NBA logo, from Morgantown, WV in case you don't know), watched him take some practice puts around the green after his team had finished the hole, and he walked a foot or two away from us to the next tee box.  I could have touched him....and then went to jail...but I could've....He doesn't give autographs until the end (they say...i doubt he ever gives autographs).  Most of the other players give autographs between every hole, which was super fun.  Here's a pic of Tiger as he walked to the next tee box right next to us.  He's shorter than he looks on tv.



We kind of wandered around the course that day.  The big crowds followed Tiger, so we were the only people on some holes watching.  It was great.  I am now a big fan of Charles Howell III.  He was super nice and stopped and talked with us for a minute about West Virginia.  I like him a lot.  Jonathon Byrd was also really nice, but he seemed to be sick.  He's playing well this week though.  Jon Daily was weird, but of course had some nice patriotic pants on.  Jim Furyk was a trooper hanging out to sign as many autographs as he did.  We got a total of 13 autographs.  Very fun time.  They were very organized at the Greenbrier as well.  I was very impressed with the transportation shuttles, parking, and everything.  Very well done.  We even went into the hotel to walk around and eat a meal.  It's like a mall in that place.  Very nice. 

After that, we got back to our car, decided we didn't have the energy or patience to wait for the 9pm concert that night, so we drove to the downtown area, walked around for a bit, and then met up at the Griffiths' grandmother's house in Beckley.  They were having a cook out so we joined them for a bit.  We head back to Harold and Di's house (Chad's parents) to collapse for the night, and were able to leave whenever we felt like it the next day after they left for the tournement as a giant family group.  We are blessed to have the Griffith family in our lives.  They treat us like we're they're own! 

We talked on our drive back about what we SHOULD HAVE said to some of them as they were signing our stuff.  There's a popular song out now, "Call me maybe", that's really catchy, so we were replacing the lyrics with different combinations.  This is what we came up with..."Hey, I just met you....and this is crazy.....my wife is pregnant.....will you name our baby?"  It works with the chorus...we're not crazy :-)  Oh well--maybe next year.  Of course...I won'tbe pregnant then.  Oh well.

On our way back to Morgantown, we stopped in Bridgeport to return the pack and play my mom got us.  It's an AWESOME pack and play, but unfortunately--it turned out to be really pink.  Since we don't know what the baby is yet, and we would like to be able to use it for whatever babies are to come, we thought it best to get a gender neuteral color so we could get the most use out of it.  We returned it to the store, and they gave us a gift card for the entire amount as a refund.  I ordered the other color that night and it should be here next week!  Yay!  I'm excited to take it out and out it together.  Of course, Adam will kill me since we're already pushed for space, but I just want to see what it looks like and play with it for a little bit!  I'll pack it away in the travel bag when I'm done, but it's got some really neat features and I'm very excited to play with it.  Thank you, Mom, for getting it for us.  It's a really awesome pack and play.

Since we were already at the mall there, we couldn't resist doing a little shopping while we were there.  I suprisingly had some energy to walk around even more, so I got to get a good amount of maternity clothes I've been needing.  Jeans, shorts, and a couple of tops that I can just wear over a tank top top and can get as big as I need to.  I went to Motherhood Maternity to try on a bunch of things because they have a fake belly you can try on to see if it will work when you're bigger.  I wanted Adam to take a picture and post it on facebook, but I think it was freaking him out a little bit!  He wouldn't take a picture :-)  Oh well.  You guys will just have to wait to see the real thing :-)  The baby is the size of a naval orange now, I think, is what one of the sites said.  Maybe a little bigger.  My next appointment is a week from today, so I'm hoping we'll get an ultrasound picture.  Not sure we will though.  I just really want to see that it's a baby in there....not a unicorn...or an orange.  It would be really nice.  We'll see.

Today, since NO ONE was at the office at work, I decided to work from home.  I got a lot done, and it was nice to stay in sweat pants all day.  Very relaxing day.  I am also feeling like I can do more, so I went ahead and gave my closet another go through to get out clothes that I can't wear anymore to make room for all of the maternity stuff.  I'm really loving maternity jeans, so I'll probably try to get one more pair of those, and then I really need to get work pants.  I've been unsuccessful in finding any that I like so far, but I still have some places I can go to give it a try.  And I would like to get a pair or two of capris.  Oh--and I would like to find some cute summer dresses.  Once I get those few things, I think I'll be set for a while!   I'll start attacking the rest of the house soon--making room for another person will be a challenge.  One thing I have to keep reminding myself of is that my body can't do as much as it used to, so I need to take it easy sometimes.  It's frustrating, but I definitely pay for it when I over do it. 

This should be a fun weekend coming up, filled with Blueberry picking, singing, and Pampered Chef.  We'll see how long it takes me to collapse :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter