Thursday, November 4, 2010

So last weekend was tons of fun!  Friday night, I got to ake Ashley to Pittsburgh to spend the birthday fabric money that I gave her for her birthday (which is why I called it "birthday fabric money"...duh).  With so many fun things to do in Pittsburgh, we could hardly deny our husbands the chance to come along and do something.  So--the four of us forged on to Pittsburgh, unfortunately beginning with a very frustrating phone call with Sprint's customer service team by myself.  Why is it that you have to speak strongly to people to get them to do the bare minimum of their job??  It really bothers me because I hate being rude to people (purposfully...cause I'm sure I am unknowingly rude to many people :-).  Boo on people doing the bare minimum...booooo.

Anyway-after I got that out of the way, we had some AMAZING deer jerky that Chad killed and Ashley cooked....yummy sodium!  That, along with multiple cheese pepperoni rolls made for a delightful snack for our journey.  We wandered around Joann's Fabrics to find all sorts of different things.  I ended up with fabric to make curtains for my kitchen.  It's about time after 2-3 years of having what I like to call my "faded Saved By the Bell" curtains that were left in our home when we purchased it...man am I lazy!  So, I will be starting that project as soon as things settle down in life.  Wait a minute...I don't think that they will settle down...so...I'll just make a goal now--I'll finish them before the end of November :-)  There!  Now you all have to keep me accountable.  I'm sure I'll be making a few emergency phone calls to my friends that are much more crafty than I.  These girls can whip up some amazing things...I'm just hoping to sew a straight line using my Mom's old sewing machine :-)

After Joann's, we had to stop by IKEA to browse around and pick up a few nick-nacks...taste some swedish meatballs, and pick up some more fabric to make curtains in my laundry room...(really...no idea when I'll have the time!).  We then headed down to the Melting Pot where I had forgotten that people were already celebrating Halloween...so we saw a lot of very interesting costumes!  I think I saw the largest rainbow afro wig I have ever seen in my life!  Amazing the thing stayed on her/his head. (No idea what gender this person was :-)  I must say...Melting Pot = Yumminess...  What's better than melted cheese and melted chocolate?  (the answer is-Nothing). 

Saturday, Adam and I got to kind of take it easy--sleep in, I made cupcakes, and we just had lazy time around the house.  Very nice.  Sunday, we went to the 11:00 service (which we hardly ever attend-since we go to the Saturday night service when we're not singing for the weekend).  Lots of energy-very nice!  After that--Community Group Leader meeting with some lovely chicken cordon blue (no idea how to really spell it and am too lazy to look it up!).  The evening brought our Community Group Halloween party-which was a BLAST!  We had a pumpkin carving contest, which Adam and I seriously understimated our friends' competitiveness!  We saw some amazing things!  You can view the video that was posted on my Facebook page.  Top prize went to E.T. by Brittani Swearingen...those Swearingen's know their pumpkins...We finished the night off with a rousing game of Quelf and ate deer jerky and toasted pumpkin seeds until we were all stuffed!  Oh--and I made the cupcake haunted scene.  Here's  few pics:




My lovely head gear was purchased in the clearance bin at Joann's...worked really hard on that one.  We can't all be Joey and dress up in a full leatard as a Green man....now that's dedication!

We definitely had our fill of fun and fellowship for the weekend...now here we go for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter