Friday, October 29, 2010

Dead or Alive....

I can't help but share my latest fun moments from work. 

There are a group of individuals that gather at work with a common interest.  It's singing and playing guitar.  Now, I know what you're thinking--am I involved in this??  The answer would be NO!   I admire people that get together with common interests and support each other (home group plug : that's why i'm in a home group!).  But the problem is that they are meeting to "Jam" in the middle of our office building. 

I started this story with "fun moments" from work...well, it makes me laugh so hard to hear the reactions of the other people in the office while this is going on.  Evidentally they have been asked to move from the last place in the office where they were meeting, and they have transplanted themselves into the conference room that boarders my cube area.  The funniest part of it all to me is that they happened to pick the one conference room that shares a wall (and air duct might I add) with a guy on my team-Christian.  Christian is a great guy who is completely the opposite of his name-to his own addmission by the way.  He is hilariously witty and sarcastic, always adding a clever cut at the exact precise time.  Not only is he a wiz kid computer guy and all around genius in all areas, he happens to be a musician as well.  His style is more the screaming type of music that's really loud (I think it must work for his anger issues :-).  Anyway-Christian entered my boss's office last week (while I was present) and said that he had to leave early because he has now entered his most horrific dream....He hears old men singing and playing country style music in his head...and he has now idea where it's coming from! 

This of course was the newly transplanted musical group.  Today, I have witnessed several groups clumping together in this area complaining about the noise and making funny comments about the lyrics of whatever song they happened to be singing at the moment  (the latest was "Dead or alive"....they we hoping for dead!).  Once of the girls that was complaining happened to have a meeting with a very important man in our company and mention what was going on.  Evidentally, he called my boss, Rod, and told him to make them stop. So--Rod get's the glod star for the week.  He stopped the distraction in our office that was effecting around 100 people...Good job, Rod! 

I do feel sorry for these people, though.  They of course mean no harm and were doing this during their lunch hour to relax...unfortunately, they'll have to move yet again.  I'm thinking that the mall has picked up quite a bit lately with the addition of a few food places.  Maybe they could set out a hat a make a little side $$ during their lunch hour??  Who knows!

Now-to begin my fun weekend!  Pittsburgh tonight for some shopping and Melting Pot with the Griffith's...Tomorrow, making cupcakes for halloween (a haunted house to be exact!), and it's a Halloween Home Group on Sunday night--including a pumpkin carving contest!  Fun times!  I'm sure I'll have interesting pictures to post next week from this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter