Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not for the weak at heart...

Seriously...if you get sick easy, just skip today's story.  You'll survive just fine without it.  I just feel obligated to put something out of the norm in this blog for some reason...

So, Monday was a rough day at work.  It's ok-I hardly EVER have rough days, so I figure everyone is due one now and then.  This is what I am going to blame the cause of a pretty bad headache that I had Tuesday morning when I woke up.  Now, if any of you know me well, you know that I HATE to miss out on things...even work...so I was determined I was going to drag myself through my morning routine of getting ready for work and make it there able to do my job efficiently. 

Well...I was half right....maybe not a complete 50%...probably a little less.  About 30 minutes before I had to leave to make it to work on time, I took some medicine to try to calm down the horrible pain stabbing the left side of my face.  With that, I downed a glass of water to help it to work quicker. 

Adam woke up while I was stumbling around upstairs and of course told me to stay home today and just call in.  (He's so sensisble when I lack the ability to be).  But of course...I didn't listen.  I continued putting on my make-up, straightening my hair, ironing my clothes.  Adam walked out the door and about that time I felt as if I was loosing control.  Yes...I threw up.  But you know what's worse....(this is where it gets gross and personal...just skip it...honestly...).  So I'm throwing up, with this clear acid pouring from my mouth and nostrils (because I had no food yet that morning) and I realize something.   I just pooped in this toilet 5 minutes earlier....gross....  Now you're feelin' me...it was disgusting.  About that time, I conceeded and called Rod (my boss) who COMPLETELY understood that I should not be coming into work that day.  I brushed my teeth and crawled back into bed.

Now--I am so stubborn, that when I woke up a couple hours later, I thought that I felt good enough to go on into work.  I could still make a 10:00 meeting that I had, so why not just go on in for the day?!  Silly....I get there and sit across from a coworker who says..."you know...you don't look sick...you look sad...like a puppy died."   Well that's good--at least I don't look sick :-)  Truth is--I wasn't sick, I just still had a headache that would not quit.  I stuck it out for two hours and finally gave back in to this ridiculous headache.  I spent the rest of the day in bed with my eyes closed.  It was nice.  It did finally go away around 6:00-I had a second helping of Relpax to get it for good. 

Wednesday--good as new!  Just so you all know, if you ever see me and I look sad--you'll be glad to know that no puppies have died....I probably just have a headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter