Sunday, August 29, 2010

God is good!

So isn't it amazing how God answers our prayers?  I mean, yes, we all know that verse, "ask you shall receive", but do we really believe it?  If we did, I'm sure that we'd be alot less stressed out about the things of life. 

My test yesterday was a success.  I really believe that God calmed my nerves for me.  The exam consists of 200 questions in 4 hours.  I spent the first three hours doing my first pass through the questions.  For these, I was calm, cool, and collected-very comfortable about my studies, focused on the task at hand, and not concerned with the outcome.  The computer allows you to mark any questions that you would like to return to later for review. So I spent the next 45 minutes reviewing those answers.  I did begin to get nervous and shakey when I had about 30 minutes left.  Not because I was nervous about the time, or about answering the questions correctly - but because I knew that as soon as I walked out of that room away from the computer, I would be given the results.  That scared me to death!  Forgot to pray about that :-)  All sorts of things were going through my mind at that point from, how am I going to react if I don't pass, to how the guy handing me the print out with the results would react if I didn't pass.  That would be a hard job.  I didn't want to make him uncomfortable.  Luckily--I didn't have to worry about that because I did pass, but my stomach was all in knots over it regardless!  And Adam, the guy who handed me my results (what are the chances that God gave him my husband's name??), gave them to me with a smile, proud that the person who had been in that testing room the longest had come out successful.  You see, the testing center had people there for all reasons--Clepping out of college courses, tests for jobs, and certification exams.  Not many of those last 4 hours, so I saw many people come and go during my time there.  I am thankful for my experience, and even more thankful, that I don't have to study anymore :-)  Praise the Lord!

Now, I can focus on my next journey in life...where will it take me? You'll just have to wait and find out :-)

Hopefully, this certification will bring better opportunity into Adam's and my lives.  Even if it doesn't, it is a huge confidence booster that I do have at least the knowledge to apply to Project Management.

Thank you all for your prayers--God did answer them--and the answer was YES :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter