Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wedding Bells

So everyone knows that the summer is a popular time to get married.  That was always our busiest season when we were in the cover band.  Well, Adam and I do still sing in weddings.  I think it's really fun because people are inviting you to be a part of their special day.  They trust us enough to be a part of that day.  So when people ask me, I always say yes--because it's great!  And--because it's usually people we don't know very well--we get paid, so extra $$ is always welcome in this household.  Of course, now we're not paying down our debt, we're saving for baby furniture and needs and medical bills just in case.  Well...turns out all of yes's have come back to haunt me :-)  We have three weddings in August! 

Now don't get me wrong, I'm still super excited.  But that's three weekends in a row that we'll be doing a rehearsal Friday night, and then ceremony some time Saturday afternoon.  Fun times.  We met tonight with one of the couples and their parents to talk about the ceremony-which will be in their back yard with reception in the house--think "Father of the Bride" style :-)  It will be really fun.  Oh--AND--I get to wear chuck taylors with whatever dress I can find to fit me (I'm sure I'll have a nice little belly on me by that time)!  Luckily, the wedding colors are light blue and green, and my chuck taylors happen to be light blue!  Meant to be!  We'll be singing at least two really cool songs and the third they still haven't picked yet.  I'm sure it will be cool too. 

The house that the wedding is at is amazing, too.  They gave us a tour of all three floors and Adam was drooling by the time we left.  The main selling point for Adam--balcony off the Master Bathroom....he's a sucker for balconies and porches.  It was definitely a beautiful house.  I now have a new goal when looking at floor plans, though I happened to have pinned a house with a Master balcony earlier this week.  I mean...am I a good wife or what??

Ok--no belly pictures today. I mean, how much can I grow in one day...seriously!  But I do have a picture.  I've mentioned before how the cafe at Mylan has great soups that I often end up eating for lunch.  Well, today they had my all time favorite....anyone??  anyone??      ............that's right, they had French Onion Soup!  Mylan makes probably the best french onion in town.  Especially since my favorite place, Damon's, closed down.  Second on the list, Archie's Lakehouse, which I shared earlier this week.  So--as non-glamorous as my picture looks---it was amazing!  Bravo Mylan Cafe...you complete me. 


Oh, and just in case you're wondering....I had already had some when I took the picture.  You KNOW I tried to fill up that cup as full as I possibly could....YUM!

Happy Hump day all....now for Thursday.  Can't wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter