Saturday, June 30, 2012

Randomness

Friday was a full day!  At work, it was one of my developers last day.  He put in his notice about a month ago, but I was still sad to see him go.  Very nice guy, very talented.  Unfortunately, the rough beginning of the year that I had at work was shared by everyone on the team.  It kind of tore some of us down.  He decided he was ready to move on after those trying times.  I got the team to sign a going away car and got a cookie cake for the guys to share for the day, and then walked him out at the end of the day to get his badge.  We have seen quite a few people rotate through our team since I've been at Mylan.  It's a tough team to be on, because there's a lot of pressure for the only custom software team at a company of over 17,000 employees.  I've collected several name plates and badges over the years.  I keep them in a drawer and we take them out and tell funny stories every once in a while. 

I got to go up to Sweet Frog for some yogart at lunch time with a coworker.  It was a nice break in the middle of the day.  After work, we head over to Kathy and Tony's house to celebrate kathy's birthday from this past week, and Father's Day since we were out of town on the 17th.  Tony made some excellent pasta and saugsage, and a salad to feed an army!  After we finished eating, we went into the back yard to play a game similar to Corn Hole (don't worry, Memphis folk, I'll explain what that is one day...it's a fun and easy game that any age person can play).  As the guys were playing, the sky was getting strangely dark, and with a combination of the hot, moist air, we knew a storm was brewing.  After a few large lightening bolts came down, we quickly moved inside and went ahead and started gathering candles.  Something big was headed our way and we were sure we were going to loose power.  We gathered candles and then started setting up to play Scattegories and sure enough--the power went out!  So we spread out the candle stash (some still left over from our wedding 7 years ago!) and played some fun rounds of Scattegories.  After some fun times, we packed up some leftovers and headed home.  It was a late night, but luckily our electricty was not off when we got home, so we had air conditioning and a comfortable night!

Tonight, we'll be joining some friends for dinner at Oliverio's for Angie Meadow's birthday.  It should be a really fun time, and great food.  I really just want their bread sticks and ranch dressing....

Oh--today, I might try to actually exercise.  How's that for surprising?  I'm going to use P90x because I like the format, but I will adjust the activities and of course take it easy.  I just can't be so lazy anymore.  I have more energy now, so I need to take advantage of that and accomplish some things. 

On a random note, I saw a really strange gift bag at Old Navy a week or so ago.  It's a little shocking.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter