Friday, July 27, 2012

So this week has been eventful.  I had two Pampered Chef shows this week, bought a car, took care of a sick cat, had a head cold, and kept up with 4 open shows all together.  Good job, Nicki (patting myself on the back).

We got Lexi to the vet Tuesday.  They didn't know what was causing the sores on her.  They said it didn't look like fleas in any way, so maybe it was just her allergies again.  The solution--give her a shot to help with itching for about a week (which makes her throw up the whole next day...yay....) and then we had to give her some liquid meds twice a day until it runs out--antibiotics or something.  I was a little disappointed she didn't get the "cone", but at least it's an "easy" fix.  Of course, the vet bill wasn't easy....how can that stuff be so expensive??  Is there pet insurance we can get or something?  It wasn't fun to pay knowing that we just dropped our emergency fund as a down payment on a car and we've got baby costs quickly approaching.  You know what.....God always provides.  I have seen it time and time again, so I know that if we end up being in real "need", He will take care of it.  The other stuff we might not be able to afford--we don't really need.  Thanks for the reminder, God!

So Wednesday was spent cleaning up cat vomit and trying to shove an eye dropper into Lexi's mouth to get her to take her medicine.  Not fun.  Luckily, I got to leave for the evening to do another Pampered Chef show.  It was an outdoor show at this beautiful oudoor area built by the home owner in their back yard.  Amazing.  After talking with the husband-I found out that he is a contractor.  He actually built someone's house that I know, and put in a bid on another friend's house.  They go to our church--so I'll definitely be calling him up in a few years when we're ready to start building.  Any help or advice anyone is willing to give us, I will gladly accept.  Plus, they're big fans of our singing, so they actually like us :-)  Bonus.  The show was a lot of fun-using the grill during the show was a new challenge, and a successful one at that.  We had Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza and then Caramel-Banana Ravioli for dessert.  I'm going to say that this ravioli is my favorite dessert that we make at my shows.  Always yummy and pretty easy to make! 

Thursday, we finally had an evening at home.  There was a big storm that was making our electricity kinf of surge off and on.  It was very strange.  So--we took the opportunity to get out as many candles as possible and save on lighting costs :-)  I got a lot of Pampered Chef paperwork done and then we attacked our disaster dining room together.  We had a build up of Yard Sale leftovers that needed to be stored until Adam's dad decides to do his yard sale (and hopefully we can unload some more before heading to Goodwill).  On top of that, with me being so busy lately, having more frequent PC Shows, the dining room table kind of became my "load em up" place that had lots of PC papers and products and bags and boxes all over it.  Definitely a nightmare and it's been a bother to Adam and myself for the whole month it seems like.  Again--another example of my laziness.  But-hey, we almost completely finished the room last night before we had to switch gears.  He had to prep for the radio and I had to pack for this weekend.

I'm heading out to Columbus, Ohio in a couple of hours.  There is the Pampered Chef Fall Launch meeting tomorrow and I'm headed there with my director and I think only one other consultant.  This seems to have been a very Pampered Chef focused post, but it's a big part of my life lately...so get over it!  Anyway--the Spring Launch meeting that I went to in January was lots of fun so I am expecting a great time again tomorrow.  We'll get to see what new products are coming out in the fall and then we'll get a little goodie bag with some smaller free products inside, along with a sneak peek of new recipes to showcase them and lots of fun and inspirational videos and speakers.  It always pumps me up!  And the best part--the free stuff.  I'm a sucker for free stuff  (as Capital One Visa knows--I signed up for the credit card my first week of college to get a t-shirt and a frisbee....SUCKER!  It's actually the only credit card that I still have open now.  Good for me for not ruining my credit with that impulse decision!).  I will do almost whatever PC asks me to do to get free products.  I LOVE them.  Now that Adam has rearranged the kitchen cabinets, I should have a good space to devote to storing all of this stuff. 

I'm excited and will be on the road to Ohio around 3pm.  Pray for safe travels!  I'll also be trying to get the 4 shows I have open closed either over the weekend or early next week.  Can't wait for that commission check!  It will be a doosy. 

Here's the only picture I have available to post today.  It's from this past week's church service.  Adam was singing "Danger Zone" from Top Gun.  The summer series is Blockbusters that never made the big screen--or, less popular Bible stories that were actually really interesting.  This summer we've already sang "Eye of the Tiger", "Up Where We Belong", "Power of Love", and few other classics from epic movies.  Adam rocked out Danger Zone.  Wish they would start posting the recordings again, but we're inbetween sound people so no one is assigned the task.  Maybe they'll turn up one day :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter