Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rough Week so far

So we had a good time in Beckley this past week.  Monday, Adam had a later tee time so we helped out watching the kiddos at the Griffiths' house during the morning.  I assigned Adam a poopy diaper duty...to which I walked in on to find someone else had taken over to "show him how to do it"....sneaky Adam... We decided that since there would be a 3 to 3 1/2 hr drive home after Adam's round of golf, that I would join him on the course to watch and then we could immediately leave form there to go home.  So I was that creepy person standing in the trees on the course.  I walked the 18 holes and would walk ahead of them to find their balls that had wandered into the tree line.  At some point, I'm pretty sure they were aiming for me because the balls would come directly towards the tree I was standing behind.  I was very strategic in finding a "back tree" so that I wouldn't get any bounce off from another tree.  Your welcome, gentlemen, for keeping you from loosing your balls.  Here's a picture of Adam Monday morning.  He happened to have been wearing the same outfit as Eli (Ashley and Chad's son) that day.  How embaressing that they wore the same outfit :-)

I don't think Eli was comfortable for this picture...

As I was walking through the woods, I was not only reminded of God's beautiful handy work in the environment around me, but also of how clumsy I am.  I forgot that I can't walk straight when I am looking to the side.  I caught myself looking around in awe and then stumbling off of the path I was on.  Silly me. 

In the midde of Adam's round on Monday, there was about an hour rain delay.  This stopped all action on the course and caused a huge back up.  His tee time was at 1pm, but we didn't leave the course until 7:45.  Needless to say, it was pretty late when we got home.  After 11pm.  I collapsed in bed and was startled awake by Adam Tuesday morning telling me it was time to get up.  I rolled over to check the clock because I could have sworn I had just closed my eyes and there was no way it was already morning.  I felt like I got hit by a truck.  Boo for mornings.  After dragging myself to get ready for the day, I went out to my car to find my battery had died.  I apparently left some sort of light on over the weekend.  My bad.  A neighbor overheard my conversations trying to find a solution and came out to give me a jump.  So--I was almost 2 hrs late for work.  Rough start back.

Work didn't help the issues because things have gotten really busy all of a sudden.  Lots to do and not enough time to do it.  We are also in the position of hiring 4 new team members with our recent lossses.  Hopefully we can do this quickly before any one else gets burned out.  I'm trying really hard to leave work on time and leave work at work, but that rule might be bending for a little while. 

After work--the fun stuff.  Ashley had a Pampered Chef party in her brand new kitchen in her amazing adult house.  It was a nice relief to a stressful day.  I do enjoy doing the shows-luckily-so it was a nice way to end the day.  Poor Eli seemed to have picked up some germies from his cousins.  I'm pretty sure I did too, as I am feeling a little under the weather today too.  I do specifically remember one of the kids wiping snotty fingers all over my blackberry...and then I had an hour long interview call that I sat in on Monday afternoon....with the blackberry stuck to the side of my face.  Yay.  I will not be taking any meds for whatever creeps up there though.  Learned my lesson there.  I do have an OB appointment this Friday though, so at least they'll know I'm sick...I guess?  blah.  I'm also hoping they do an ultrasound while I'm there.  I would love to see a baby--although one of my email newsletters says it's the size of a rubber ducky right now...so that would be a fun sight to see as well.  That, or a tiny unicorn.  Who knows...

Today was full full full of meetings.  And it seemed a theme of, what do you mean you haven't had time to do this item from the list of 100 action items you were assigned last week??  Why not??  We're all a little down as a team with everything moving so quickly, so it's been a depressing work sight.  Tonight I am on a 9pm call with some SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) in Japan, New Zealand and Australia.  I'm not leading it, thank goodness, but have to be there to facilitate the Web Conference and phone conference that we're running for it.  It will be another long night. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you WILL survive, you WILL survive, you WILL survive.....cause you're the best!! We sure do love you Nicki!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter