Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Laziness

So--maybe you're picked up on this, but I don't post when I have had a tiring day.  That's just the fact of the matter.  Sometimes, I'll try to get ahead and type a little during the day, but we've been so busy lately, that it's just not happening.  My apologies.

I have been so lazy, that I have not unpacked a suitcase from our weekend in Beckley.  There's not that much in it.  But I just can't make myself do it.  Any time I actually make it up to the bedroom where it is, I am so tired that I collapse on the bed and can't move.  This morning, Lexi hopped into the suitcase and seemed to be unzipping things so that I would get my act together.  She was like, "Mom!
Get it together!!"



This past weekend was particularly hard as I seemed to have gotten sicker, rather than better.  Boo for germs.  It didn't help that I sang all weekend--a pretty demanding song--and had to just sing through the sore throat to get it out.  That left me with a feeling of swallowing razor blades any time I could actually get down a swallow.  Oh--did I mention I had two Pampered Chef shows during this time?  I've got to figure out how to slow down.  I know that I won't be doing the crazy amount of shows for future months, so that gives me some peace of mind, but we also do so many other things in the evenings.  I'm definitely not taking the rest that I'm supposed so far.  It evidentally is effecting my immune system and my ability to get better.  I was telling Adam last night as my fever approached 100 degrees, that I thought 2nd trimester was supposed to be the fun one....why can't I have that?  I do have my appetite back, though I can't taste any food lately.  Hopefully that will return soon.  I didn't have a fever this morning, and had more energy, and could swallow without feeling the pain--so hopefully I'm on the upswing!  I woke Adam up with a coughing fit last night around 2:30--to which I had to get out of bed, drink water, eat Halls Breezers, and stay verticle as long as possible.  I think that I spent the beginning of my time dreaming that I was still at the Pampered Chef show I did earlier in the evening and apologizing after not being able to stop coughing.  Luckily, it was just a dream--I didn't cough but maybe once or twice at the show :-)  These Breezers have been a life saver here at work today.  I'm trying to keep my throat coated in them so i don't freak everyone out around me.  Coughing in tight quarters makes people nervous.  Don't want to be spreadin my germs around the office. 

In the middle of everything else going on this weekend, we had to get me a new car.  Well--a new used car.  Mine had just pooped out.  We were dumping thousands of dollars in repairs into it every year with repair after repair, and after Adam took it into the shop last week and they hit us with an $1100 bill--we said--no way we're putting that much MORE money into this heap of metal, and decided to try to get a different car.  Newer, safer, more reliable.  This is not the time we wanted to be spending extra money since we'll have to be purchasing baby furniture and an extra freezer, and so many other things in the near future, not to mention medical costs and then vacation that is coming up in September--but we just felt like it was wise to move away from this vehicle.  This is me saying goodbye--



So in exhange, after many hours battling with car sales people, we got something with a monthly payment we could afford.  It's a white Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.  4-Wheel Drive, excellent interior and exterior.  I think we made a good decision.  It's hard to go further in debt while we were trying to get out of debt, but it would have been unsafe to stay with the ole' "Silver Bullet".  It's done now, so we'll be enjoying a newer car for a while.  Only thing--I have to keep it clean, cause it's white! Wish me luck!

We had a Dr's appointment this past Friday.  We were hoping to get an ultrasound.  It didn't happen.  She did have us go ahead and schedule an ultrasound for August 7th--so that is the official afternoon that we will be finding out if our baby rubber ducky is a boy or girl.  I really don't have a preference at this point.  I would be happy with either.  If I got to choose such things, I would prefer to have two kiddos--one boy and one girl.  You know, get the full experience.  But, since those things aren't really in my hands, I will be happy with a healthy child of either gender.  Some people have asked me if I feel like it's one or the other...I don't really know what I'm supposed to "feel", but if I had to take a stab at it--I would guess that it's a girl.  And plus--it would add irony to our lives--because we cannot agree on ANY girl names, so I could see God giving us a nice little "relationship challenge" before we actually get to impact another human being's life.  But either way, it would fit into my "one of each" hopes.  Doesn't matter what order.  We'll keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Today--Lexi has to go to the vet.  She has these soars on her face that she is scratching and keep fresh.  We're not sure what caused them, or if they're going to go away.  She also has several bumps on her body and neck.  We'll see what the ole' vet has to say, and how much we'll get charged for them to say it.  Might as well pile it on, right?  I'm thinking they're going to make her wear a cone so she stops scratching her face with her back claws.  That will be hilarious!  She hated the cone when she had to wear it for something else--always fun to torture our little "daughter" as long as it's for her own good...of course....I'm sure they'll be able to fix her up like new-and pass on some horrific treatment that we are supposed to do to her at home--just to make sure the torture is shared by the entire family--like applying an ointment somewhere or making her take a medicine.  That would be LOADS of fun...

Now--I don't feel AS lazy as I did before I wrote this.  At least I accomplished one thing I was supposed to today.  We'll see what else I can force myself to do :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter