Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Soup-it's what's for dinner!

So, most of you might know that I like soup.  (And I type "most of you", realizing that only about 4-5 people actually read this blog..)  I like all kinds of soups.  I seem to go through little phases where I'll like a particular type of soup more than the other, but for the most part-I haven't met a soup I don't like...except for this one time someone made "chili" that was more like a soup and he had OBVIOUSLY burnt it....gleh!  Oh--which reminds me, I like Chili too :-)

Probably for the past year or so, I've preferred the broth made soups over the creamy.  I think it all began with the French Onion soup that I had at Disney World - In "France" at the Epcot Center where they have all of the different countries and people from those countries working there.  I wasn't really wanting to get it, but the menu at fancy resteraunts like that only have a couple of different options for each "course" so I was forced to get it.  OO-Lah Lah, I say!  It was amazing.  Ever since then, I definitely like to try French Onion soup whenever I see it on a menu. 

A couple of months ago, Mylan decided to open up a little Cafe' inside the Greenbag Road location.  Over at the main plant, there is an amazing cafeteria with tons of awesome food.  They decided that since hundreds of people were going to be working at this location, that they would bring easy items over and sell them to us since we don't have many food options around here.  They have salads, sandwiches, chips, pepperoni rolls, fruit, and SOUP!  They have a different soup every day!  And it's only a couple of bucks for what looks like to me a good 16 ounces.  They actually have a really good chili here as well.

So it's part of my daily ritual to go on Mylan's internal website, check the menu for the soup of the day, and then wander down the hall to collect my lunch :-)  Today's lovely selection was Turkey & Wild Rice. 

It is the perfect amount of broth with the turkey torn into the perfect bite size pieces, and also including what I'm sure is whatever vegetables they had lying around the kitchen.  I think I detect a little twinge of Cilantro....YUM!  I like to get 2 packets of crackers each time I get some soup from the Cafe'.  Not to use in the soup, but to stash in my drawer.  I'm like a little gerbal in the afternoons just searching for something to nibble on.  2-4 crackers makes a nice afternoon snack for those of us that are fighting off some unwanted holiday pounds :-)    I wonder what soup will move me onto my next obsession...perhaps a lovely creamy potato soup...who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter