Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Parties!

So as I'm sure most people can relate, it's the season to go to parties!  I love Christmas.  I was trying to think about what it is that makes me like this holiday more than the rest...and I think I've come up with my answer.  Food.  Yes, food.  Why not Thanksgiving, you ask?  Well, yes, there is lots of food on Thanksgiving, but it's just one day, and if you're lucky, two-three different places/meals.  When December hits, people plan parties like they're going out of style!  And with each party, comes different food!  Whether it be little appetizers bites, buffets, or full family meals--I love food!  Sometimes it's dried out food (for instance, work parties with buffets) but I still like it! 

This past Friday was the Chestnut Ridge Church Staff Christmas Party.  It was at Nemicolin Resort in Pennsylvania.  Let me say--best "buffet" food EVER!  The room was set with little stations along the wall, each with their own magical meal.  First was the Caesar Salad with a lovely homemade dressing, then the sushi bar-Yum!, then I was off to the Ravioli bar with seared gnocchi that was simply to die for! Then they had a carving station with ham and rolls, and a lovely Piaya station.  The dessert was ice cream with a homemade hot fudge with our choice of Pound Cake or Angel food...and lots of whipped cream and fruits in syrup to top it off.  Needless to say...I ate it all....

Then, Saturday arrived with a fun filled day of scoring.  Yes, scoring....and stripping....wallpaper that is :-)  Ashley and Chad Griffith called for "all hands on deck" to get their nursery ready for baby Eli on the way.  After that, Adam and I headed to the Mylan Christmas party.  There were general finger foods and a buffet of prime rib, pasta, green beans, and lobster tail.  I'm pretty sure it was in the largest banquet room known to mankind.  Some of you know that I was a banquet server in college for a few years, so I've definitely seen my fair share of banquet halls.  I'm pretty sure that I could fit 3 of the largest Adam's Mark Hotel banquet rooms inside of the one we were in Saturday.  Just amazingly huge!  They had a boring band playing older cheesy music in this room, and opened up a smaller banquet room later in the night to become the "night club" with more current music playing to dance to.  Needless to say, the crowd preferred the tiny dark room as the night rolled on.  All in all, it was a fun night!  My grandmother was nice enough to by me a little party dress to wear, since I didn't already have one.  Here's what we picked out while shopping over the Thanksgiving break. 


My hair became somewhat of a project, since I've never really been good at fixing it.  After a disastrous attempt at hot rollers, I just did a simple pull back with little loops in the back...and lots of hairspray...which might be becoming a favorite scent of mine....who knows.

Monday evening my work location (just the Greenbag Road location) had a small party at Lakeview with a buffet of wings, meatballs, veggies and cheese, and brownies.  I'm going to make a declaration...prepare yourself.  "Lakeview (or Legends inside of Lakeview) has the best BUFFULO wings in Morgantown".  That's right folks....Lakeview golf resort.  Go figure.  And for you Morgantown friends, they have 50 cent wings on Sundays...so go there.  If you want a different wing flavor, Kegler's has the best--Southwestern...grilled wings.  Oh, and if you're traveling and happen upon a Logan's....they have the best wings of all time.  Just thought I would let you know.

Today at work we had our free Mylan meal (the company feeds everybody for the major holidays) with a really wonderful ham, green beans, and scalloped potatoes.  Tomorrow we are having a Pot Luck in the break room with Pulled Pork sandwiches, whatever other goodies people bring, and a Tacky Christmas Sweater contest.  I intend on winning....Maybe I'll take a picture of that tomorrow...if you're lucky :-)

Next week will continue with several group get-togethers with all the more food to feed my face.  It's a wonder I fit in that dress to begin with!  I can't wait to see what food adventures await me in the future...Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter