Thursday, September 6, 2012

6 months!

So I'm actually 6 months pregnant.  Of course, I get really confused with this whole month numbering system...because pregnancy is 40 weeks--and that is really more like 10 months.  Whoever started that 9 month rumor didn't know what they were talking about.  or maybe they were counting from when you "conceived" rather than the date when they actually turn on "the clock"--cause those aren't the same dates either.  Or maybe it's like 9 FULL months...not "you have the baby when you're 9 months".  Very confusing.  Luckily--it doesn't really matter EXACTLY how far along I am.  I am 24 weeks--and when you divide that by 4 weeks--that makes 6!  6 months means another belly picture--and since I can now take these with my phone, I can present month 6 picture to you today.  Oh--and by the way, if you skipped my last post because it looked boring and the picture was uninteresting, you're missing some surprise pics at the bottom of the post.  I didn't want them showing up on people's Google Reader summary screens, but if you actually read this blog, you are welcome to view them.

We have been taking a monthly picture in the same clothes since 2 mths, and will put them all together for a collage when we're all through this.  I saw the idea on Pinterest...where else?  I'm also adding the first two - because they were passed on to me.  Hopefully I'll be able to put all of them on here at some point together--makes for a better slide show :-)



6 months

3 months

2 months


After seeing these three together, I am going to go ahead and make the call that I like the ones from Adam's phone more.  I will retake the 6 month tonight and that way they'll all be consistant. 

Ps.  Mylan's Turkey Noodle Soup is really good.

2 comments:

  1. Alison did the same math fail when it comes to pregnancy "months". You're assuming that a month is four weeks (28 days). It's not. 365/12 = 30.41666667.

    So, 30.41666667 * 9 = 273.75 days
    273.75 days / 7 days = 39.1 weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And more importantly:
      40 weeks * 7 days/week = 280 days
      280 days / 30.417 days/month = 9.2 months

      Also, remember that they're counting from the start of the last cycle, which was technically 2 weeks before you even got pregnant. :-)

      Delete

Site Meter